Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Foolish Boy

Foolish Boy
Can't you see that Loves not a toy?
How could you be so fickle, so coy?
You Failed to see the dire consequences
Great walls between friends, will start off as fences
Buying the broken is futile when the victim is priceless
Your swung bat of intentions was masquerading as viceless
You struck deep hatred in me, so don't be surprised when
All the king's horses, and all the kings men, can't put you together again
You were instructed with caution, advice you cast aside
Which is a shame, for now you shall ever abide
In a dark corner of my mind and my heart
Where the same scene plays over - where what I loved, gets ripped it apart.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Is it hard to come up with rhyming words? In the desperate search for a word that works, are ideas ever left out?
This poem confuses me. There are so many ideas trapped into it, and I feel that they are trapped there possibly because you couldn't use the perfect words--you had to use rhyming ones.
I really do want to understand, or at least get the sense that I should, but I don't. The ideas and phrases don't seem connected.